If you go, this website (visitadirondacks.com or www.saranaclake.com ) will help you plan your visit. Here are some nearby things to do:
- On-the-way edducational excursion: a stop at the WILD Center in Tupper Lake (www.wildcenter.org) open daily
- Nourishment: many choices however if you like Mexican, as recommended by Carol Eichler recommends a must stop at Casa del Sol but plan to arrive early for supper or expect to wait; also check out Donnelly's Ice Cream offering their famous 2-flavored twist ice cream cone, located at the intersection of Routes 86 and 186
- Culture: The Pendragon Theatre in Saranac Lake (www.pendragontheatre.org)
- Adirondack Wildlife Festival at Paul Smiths Visitor Interpretive Center (also nice hiking) also on Saturday August 10th; www.adkvic.org
- Saturday, August 9th,Olympic Center, Lake Placid, Nordic jumping (www.orda.org/newsite/togo/skijumps.php) and ice show performances (www.lakeplacidskating.com/newsite/programs/summer/events.php). Admission charged.
- Hiking, canoeing, kayaking, fishing (Adirondack Outfitters www.adirondackoutfitters.com/), Saranac Lake