Friday, April 2, 2010

Delaware Valley Chapter at the Philly Flower Show

From Carol Eichler.

The Delaware Chapter always had an exhibit at the Philadelphia Flower Show and it was well worth seeking out. This year they truly (in my opinion) outdid themselves so I wasn't surprised when they received "Best in Show for Plant Societies."

I took a lot of photos that I'll plan to show at one of our meetings. However in the meantime their website has posted some with comments here: www.dvcnargs.org/flowershow.html. It also has their plant list with over 80 species and cultivars. I spoke briefly with the member who was tending the exhibit. He said a retired architect designed the exhibit and they were really scrambling to get it built and planted up to the last minute. I can only imagine the work.

No comments: