To streamline our chapter's communications, this winter I started the ACNARGS blog. If you aren't familiar with them, a blog is simply a website organized chronologically, like a diary. Stop in and take a gander at it: http://acnargs.blogspot.com.
The advantages of the blog include:
- Instead of waiting until it's time for each issue of the newsletter to come out, information can be posted to the blog continuously.
- All the information doesn't have to flow through me. Blogging is easy and I can train other chapter members how to post to the blog.
- You can write comments to blog posts, sharing information and engaging in online 'conversations'.
- Some items may not make it from the blog to the newsletter due to space considerations.
- It’s easier to follow links to more information from the blog posts than from the newsletter.
I will do a short demo at our February meeting. Or if you have any questions or would like to learn more about the blog, don't hesitate to contact me: email@example.com.